Phillip Raffnsøe Nilsson
Last updated on
I hold a bachelor's degree in software development from the IT University of Copenhagen and I'm a multimedia designer from The Copenhagen School of Design and Technology.
I have several years of experience with API and system integration development in different languages and frameworks. My current tool of the trade is Laravel, but with experience in both Express and ASP.NET.
I typically work in completely containerized environments using Docker through the entire pipeline; from development to staging and finally to production. I strive for completely reproducible builds and zero-downtime deployments.
I'm used to working directly with designers in collaborative tools like Figma and Sketch and are quite comfortable in Illustrator and Photoshop (and to a lesser extent Blender)
When I'm not developing
I live in Hellerup, Denmark with my boyfriend who is currently finishing his masters in economics.
I love retro gaming and besides playing old 8-bit games I particularly enjoy tinkering with antique hardware emulation like Gameboys and NES. Besides that, I'm a gourmand and enjoy eating great food just as much as I enjoy watching shows about it, reading about it and cooking and experimenting with it myself.
Senior Software Engineer
January 2022 - Present
Ageras Group, Copenhagen
Full Stack Developer
April 2019 - December 2021
- Scoping and speccing complex development projects with multiple stakeholders
- Developing and maintaining full stack websites, web applications and e-commerce solutions
- Creating and maintaining CI/CD pipelines, managing deployments on different cloud providers; Netlify, Laravel Forge and own in-house Docker Swarm setup
- Mentoring interns/junior developers in web technologies and general programming problem solving
- Developed key parts both in the frontend and the backend of Maersk Container Sales, a global platform for buying shipping containers. The entire system is event sourced, and the frontend is server-side rendered.
- Fully lead the development of DEA's new website and event management solution. A completely statically generated website with thousands of pages, deployed in just a few minutes.
- Lead the development of the new b2c e-commerce website for Zaptec, a Norwegian tech company making EV chargers. Statically generated Jamstack website, hosted on Netlify using Shopify as the headless e-commerce system.
Freelance Software Developer
August 2016 - Present
- Involvement in the entire journey with clients; from initial contact to speccing, designing, implementing, testing and maintaining the final product
- Consulting customers on best solutions with respect to both problem and budget
- Clear communication with client and other stakeholders through the entire project
- Development of campaign site for a new series of commercial door entrances for the global door manufacturer Assa Abloy (the campaign is now offline). Built in client's CRM HubSpot for better customer insights.
- Website and rental booking system for vacation properties in Almuñecar, Spain. React SPA with Express backend.
June 2015 - August 2016
- Full development of websites for clients from design to final product
- Lead the frontend development of an MVP of a digital platform for travel itinerary planners selling trips and journeys around the world. Frontend in Angular and backend in Laravel.
BSc. Software Development
IT University of Copenhagen
Bachelor thesis on agile hybrid-native app development with a focus on UX design.
Favourite courses: Programming Language Theory and Compiler Design, IT Security, Machine Learning and AI
Academy Profession Degree in Multimedia Design
Copenhagen School of Design and Technology